Writing software, the wrong way

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Makefile.in Madness

I tend to really hate doing Makefile.in files because they are just copied from somewhere and they sometimes don't have everything you need. And when you don't know what your doing, that can screw you up. I created a generic Makefile.in file that is usable for extensions, idl interfaces, and C++/javascript components. It's also documented as much as I could find information on it. Just uncomment what you don't need and delete the rest. I covered as much as I could, I might not have covered every single option, but I think I got most of them.

You can also use Ted Mielczarek's Javascript Component Wizard. I dislike using wizards, but to each his own.

If you want to repay me, you can add me to the contributor's list (Cesar Oliveira) for the Makefile.in.

No comments: