It's been out since 0.9 folks!
Grab the extension
Setting it up
- Under Debug menu, make sure "Exclude Browser Files" is not checked.
- Under the File menu, check "Save Break/Watch Settings on Exit".
This is reasonably simple. On the left are your files. Here I am debugging ProxyEnable.js.
Below it are the functions within that file. Double-clicking on the filename brings up the source code on the right.
- Place your breakpoints. The dashes near the left side of the source are where you can put your breakpoints. Here I am putting a breakpoint just before the if-statement.
- Exit venkman (this will close firefox)
- Relaunch firefox with -venkman argument. For example :
/path/to/firefox -venkman --no-remote -profile /path/to/profile
Once you restart, venkman starts first and catches any breakpoints.
The buttons at the top let you go to the next line, go deeper into js functions, or continue. Try them out.
No more excuses.